For the Experience of a Lifetime
IT's ABOUT FISHING AND FUN
It’s about fishing. It’s about fun. It’s about taking a break from your reality and experiencing the extraordinary gift of nature and its beauty. It's like summer camp for grown-ups.
Sund’s Lodge is truly a special place. Since 1984, the lodge has hosted guests from around the world to fish in the calm waters around the lodge. The lodge is situated on Malcolm Island in Blackfish Sound located in British Columbia’s Inside Passage, a body of water so calm and beautiful the cruise lines route their ships through here.
Sunds Lodge is built upon the idea of creating the finest customer service experience in British Columbia. Our dedication to exceptional personal service has made our lodge a truly distinctive destination which B.C. Sporting Magazine calls “One of the finest fishing lodges on the entire British Columbia Coast.”
This feeling of purpose is instilled in the staff. We want you to fall in love with the excitement and natural beauty of this amazing land and water, as they have, and truly have the experience of a lifetime. You may arrive as a guest, but you will leave as our friend.
AN INTIMATE BOUTIQUE LODGE
Set on our 38-acre property, Sund's Lodge is an intimate, luxury fishing vacation. We host up to 18 guests per visit, making our fishing adventures warm and personal for each guest. At Sund's Lodge, we try to treat our customers like old friends from the moment we meet. Our entire staff truly enjoys the experiences we share. We promise to take great care of you.
WHO SHOULD VISIT
Our lodge is ideal for friends, families, couples, corporate retreats, people both young and old. Experienced fisherman as well as beginners will enjoy fishing at Sund's Lodge.
In this land where wildlife is abundant, the calm silence of nature is intoxicating. The physical beauty of the Blackfish Sound area surrounding Malcolm Island is phenomenal. To the northeast, the awe-inspiring snow covered peaks of British Columbia’s Coastal Mountain Range rise above the forest-covered foothills of the Broughton Archipelago Provincial Park.
As you travel the calm waters of the Inside Passage, you can expect to see the breathtaking sights of splashing salmon, diving Bald Eagles, porpoises, seals, sea lions, otters, sea birds and the rulers of the local sea, Orca, Humpback and Minke Whales. On land, you will see black bear, deer and mink.
- Arrive at Sund's Lodge dock around noon where you are welcomed by the staff.
- You'll enjoy a gourmet lunch at the lodge before heading out for an afternoon of fishing.
- After returning to the lodge, there's time to rest and relax before dock time with appetizers leading up to dinner.
- After dinner enjoy the hot tub or get to sleep early since the fish bite at first light!
- Wake up bright and early for breakfast before boarding your boat for the first-light catch.
- Enjoy the morning of fishing before heading to a private beach for the our Beach Bistro where our chefs and staff will host an epic lunch experience (tides permitting).
- Spend the afternoon fishing in the scenic waters of the area.
- Return to the lodge for a few hours of personal time to rest, ride bikes, sit in the sauna or explore before dock time and dinner.
- Rise and shine for breakfast before heading out with your guide to catch the big one at first light.
- Enjoy the morning of fishing before you are greeted at lunch by the Sund's Lodge Burger Boat that delivers burgers and bangers right to you. There's no time lost fishing since lunch is delivered right to your boat.
- Once fishing is complete, head back to the lodge for a late-afternoon break to rest and tell fish stories at deck time and dinner time.
- Join your group down at the dock for a campfire as the sun sets on another epic day at the lodge.
- Grab a snack before heading out to fish the last morning of the trip.
- After a few hours on the water, return to the lodge for a quick shower and the bye-bye breakfast.
- Head to the dock for good-byes, photos and departures back to reality.
- We hope you have so much fun you'll want to return soon!